Saturday, August 29, 2009

Manzanita, OR to Astoria, OR

I took a fall today, after I had arrived in Astoria, riding on a bike path and fell on some wet trolley tracks that crossed the bike path. I am ok but may not be able to ride tomorrow. I will reserve judgement until the morning. Remember that helmets are good things to have on your head when you fall!

Sorry that I have no narrative today, but I just can't get it up. It may be a day or two as we have a 100 mile ride into Portland tomorrow. I will be shipping my bike if I get there by 6 and then have a banquet tomorrow night. I will be flying home to see my wonderful husband on Sunday!

THanks for all the wonderful comments and donations. I hope to have an update by tomorrow afternoon.

Again, I am fine, just a bit bruised up. My precious Tifosi sunglasses are broken beyond repair! I wore them faithfully for 2 1/2 years! Oh well, I can replace them!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Hope you felt better this morning and were able to ride on your last tour day. Ben and I have had a great time catching up. He is indeed your greatest fan!
Kathy

Nola Belding said...

I'm so sorry that you fell and hope that you are feeling much better today. I really enjoyed our time together in Sisters (and Bend). Pat and I have been hiking the last couple days. Yesterday we hiked about 10 miles to the base of Broken Top. My knee did ok - a little tender, but better than I thought. I'm sure that you are now REALLY ready to go home to Ben and see your kids and granddaughter too! Thanks for sharing your adventure - your blog has been wonderful.

Dorothy & Paul said...

We're so sorry about your fall but glad you are only banged up! It was great meeting you in Eugene and we wish you a safe trip home. Love to you and the family!

holly said...

hi anne-
sorry to hear about your fall...glad you are o.k. loved following you along on your journey...beautiful photos and great descriptions of your surroundings every day..thanks for sharing...love, holly

Rebecca S. said...

Hi Anne,
So very sorry to hear of your fall. It must have been quite a fall for you to consider not riding the last day. You are a tough cookie.
It was great to see you and the other gals when we met up with you in Eugene. Have a safe flight home.