Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rockfish Gap and the end of the Skyline Drive

Ben is doing great and has finished the Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park. He had a lovely, if very cool day today, and is at Rockfish Gap tonight outside of Waynesboro, VA. Tomorrow he hopes to ride 60 miles to Otter Creek Campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway. If the weather cooperates, he will do fine. I think he is really enjoying the ride though it was a huge climb out of Front Royal this morning.

I also had a nice ride today. After volunteering at the hospital all day, I went to Abingdon for a United Way meeting, which was canceled. They sent an email but I was not at home so did not get it. On the way home, I got a call from Kurt who said he was leaving work early and could I ride? It was a gorgeous day, perfect temperature, and, of course, I said yes. We got in about 24 miles before I had to come home and fix dinner for Granddad and go to the Boy Scout meeting. Tomorrow is our first mountain bike ride of the season, but I may not make it due to a United Way E&A meeting. Well, I can go for a road ride and meet them for dinner.

No comments: