Friday, May 15, 2009

Meadows of Dan

Ben called to say that he had arrived at Jack's. I am ready to go and will leave in the morning to go see him and take a bunch of resupply stuff. He is definitely ready for a day off! ...no surprise after 8 days of riding. That was the longest stretch on the Southern Tier and we were SO ready for an off day. He was already doing laundry, cleaning the bike, and relaxing. The weather report for after Sunday looks fabulous for the rest of the trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. I can't wait to see him tomorrow.

I volunteered at the Sullivan County Health Fair today and there is nothing like seeing the people who come in for various screenings to make you appreciate your health. I am blessed with good health (I have worked at it, too) and appreciate every healthy day that I have. I came home realizing that I must keep on working to maintain that health. It was late so I only had time to ride 25 miles but I repeated a route I did earlier in the week and beat my time by 6 minutes and had one of the better rides of the year! Happy, happy, happy. Life is not good, it is great!

1 comment:

TNTandem said...

Tell Ben and Jack hello. Good job on beating your previous ride.