Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Plane Ticket to Oregon

After weeks and weeks (and weeks) of researching plane tickets, watching the price fluctuations, etc, I remembered that Delta and Northwest Airlines had merged so I decided to see if I could combine my FF miles. We had one flight to Japan to see Reid when he was living there which gave us 27,000 miles. Delta allowed combining the miles and then I "borrowed" a few from Ben's account and ended up with a round trip ticket from here, with only one stop (most of the flights were 2 stops...ugh) for $10, plus the cost of getting Ben's miles...$60. So I am feeling pretty good right now. Too bad they want $175 each way to ship my bicycle on the plane. FedEx, here I come.

The best news is that one of my ride partners from the Underground Railroad last year, who lives near Seattle, is going to come down and meet me a few days early and we will ride together, maybe do a little sightseeing, definitely a little eating, and lots of catching up. I can't wait!!

No comments: