Sunday, July 5, 2009

Time passing quickly

The time left until my Northwest Loop Ride (NWL) is passing quickly. I am riding as much as possible (it is raining today) and gathering the required gear (I don't need anything new!) The past few days have been quiet with a short trip to Asheville for Ben to enter some homebrews in a competition to be held next weekend. We stopped in at Laurey's, a restaurant in Asheville, to speak to Laurey herself. She rode the Southern Tier this year and I followed her blog! As an ovarian cancer survivor, she raised money for the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance and will speak next weekend at their annual conference in Washington, DC. You go, girl! Her blog has reflected her difficulties with reentry after the cross country ride and I could certainly sympathize. I had many of the same issues when I returned from the Southern Tier.

Next in line...Morgan (now almost 21 months) is coming to visit from Tuesday to next Sunday. Hooray! I won't see her again until the beginning of September when I return from my ride as I am going to see my family in Baltimore and then they go to the beach so I will miss them all around!

The search for Alice's body was suspended for the holiday weekend but will resume tomorrow. It has been nearly two weeks since she drowned and closure for all the family would be a welcome relief to this waiting and wondering.

No comments: